- Click here to view our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement for the current year.
The Pupil Premium grant was introduced in 2011 and is a sum of money given to schools each year by the government to improve the attainment of eligible students.
Eligible students include those who:
- Are in receipt of Free School Meals
- Have been in receipt of Free School Meals in the last six years (Ever 6)
- Are ‘In Service’ by having parents who have served in the armed forces within the last four years
- Are Looked After Children (LAC)
- Are Post Looked After Children
We allocate the funding to a range of strategies identified by the school to improve outcomes for Pupil Premium students. Some examples of this are:
- A welcome gift of a filled pencil case
- Access to additional mentoring support
- Careers guidance and taking students to targeted events
- Music tuition
- GCSE revision sessions
- Intervention support in English and Maths
- Activities and events such as The Brilliant Club and Ambition Nottingham
- Priority access to some curriculum events
- Breakfast and Homework clubs
- Personal allocation of £50 for educational resources and activities arranged through school
If you think that your child may be eligible for Free School Meals we encourage you to apply, even if they do not want a meal, so that they can take advantage of this additional funding.
- A letter from our Principal about claiming for Free School Meals can be viewed here.